Access files in XP Mode (Virtual PC)

greatchap

Hello Everyone,

I have a laptop running Windows 7. I installed Microsoft Virtual PC and installed Windows XP Mode. Everything is running fine. I have some programs running in Windows XP mode which creates files there. I want my host os (Win 7) to access those files. What should I do so that my program running in windows 7 can access files present in Win Xp (XP Mode). The Xp mode should share my win 7's internet like it does right now. If possible without going through the network as this would slow down access.

I will be glad if anyone can help me.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Gr

It has been a very long time ago since I used Virtual PC, so I am not sure exactly how you do it. You have to share the folder containing the data (or the virtual C: drive) with the host system, then it can access it.

How to do that ? the only solution I found was to connect xp to network and access it like another pc. That is an issue as it will slow things down.

As far as I can remember from my XP day's I believe you click on My Computer then right click the drive you want to share, then you should have a dialogue box come up. In that box should be something like "Share this Drive" or words to that effect, click on that. HTH