Keyboard help!!

As the title reads I'm having very strange problems with my keyboard. I'm not a computer wiz, but I do have some basic knowledge. Here's the problem. I went to log into my computer this evening, and as im going to type in my password I notice when I hit certain keys like C,S,2, and so on it comes up multiple times. Say I press C once three characters will come up messing up my password, and not allowing me to log in.

I've even tried backspacing the extra characters, but it still says my password is invalid. I've restarted, shutdown my desktop and the problem is still here. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate if that helps at all. If anyone out there has any information, or advice to help resolve this problem I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for your time!

Have you tried a system restore, or better a reinstall from your backup, to a time before this happened?

Is this a UK keyboard? 2, S and C are pretty much in a straight diagonal line. Has anything been spilled or dropped on the keyboard?