Warning To All

Guest Cookie

Just been watching a bit of TV and thought I'd let you know we are all in danger of an asteroid impact. :(

Evidently Asteroid 1950DA will hit the Earth sometime in 2880.

I suppose we had all better start saying our goodbyes then. :lol:

Should money be wasted on this totally useless research?

I guess your globe must have received an impact Peter e :P , 'cos it's not rotating for me :angry: .

Worried about the ones you don't know about??? :( What ones would they be?

No worries, all these researchers have to come up with something or their grants would be stopped. :D

Oh, and Bigdamouk, you had better get going on your site because 1950DA is a lot closer than it was when I first posted. :P :lol: :P

Timeforabeer - No time to celebrate mate, last orders soon. :lol:

I saw a program a while back, and if I remember right, they were saying that a substantial sized asteroid, meteorite or whatever hits the Earth once in every 70 years or so. There was one large one in Siberia (I think) at the turn of the 19th Century and another in a desert somewhere in the 1930's.

globe.gif

I see shooting stars on a fairly regular basis (earthbound ones - not when my wife clobbers me) and it will take only a fairly small one to trash my bungalow. Apparently, there is a miniscule probability that one will hit my house - but I suppose colliding asteroids will go to the bottom of my "things to worry about list."

So will we use the deflection method (solid asteroids) with nukes??? :lol: :lol: :lol: 877 years to decide :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW peter e - I also see 'Shooting Stars' on a regular basis, every Monday night at 21:30 if I remember correctly. One of the few programs on TV that gets me off the computer... ;)

I saw a program a while back, and if I remember right, they were saying that a substantial sized  asteroid, meteorite or whatever  hits the Earth once in every 70 years or so.

Roughly correct.

There was one large one in Siberia (I think) at the turn of the 19th Century

An asteroid exploded in the atmosphere over Tunguska in 1908 and leveled a forest, It yielded the force of 1,000 Hiroshima bombs :o

I see shooting stars on a fairly regular basis (earthbound ones - not when my wife clobbers me) and it will take only a fairly small one to trash my bungalow.

Or your car.....

post-8-1043366300.jpg