Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
misscountess

My homepage changed to Snap.do. What should I do?

hey everyone,

I need some help. I downloaded some files on my pc and suddenly my home page changed. Now it says: Snap.do Some adds started comming up on the monitor and I couldn't close them. Also, when I try to watch some video, there are some constantly appearing alerts that make me install something.

Is it a virus? Can anyone help me remove it?

Thank you in advance.

If none of these fix it completely, instal the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 (not the latest version) see http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/14815/.

Run and update it (refusing the free trial of the full version) and do a quick scan, letting it remove whatever remnants it finds.

Switch it back to Google so that SnapDo can't give you any more cookies, then delete all your cookies. If that doesn't work, uninstall Chrome and go to your User Account, AppData and delete the Google Chrome folder. Now use IE to download Chrome direct from the Google site rather than someone who delivers an infested version.