Recovering Windows Mail and Contact files

I am a "newbie" to this and really need some expert assistance. Here is the issue; I had a old computer that crashed (hard drive no longer working). It ran Windows Vista and my email was Windows Mail. Fortunately, I had backup via Norton Cloud as well as Seagate backup and I have successfully restored most of my data. The only thing left is to restore old emails and email folders as well as my contact list.

I was of the impression that Windows Mail was stored in C:\users\appdata\local\windowsmail\localfolders. I have searched BOTH backups and I do not see these files. What am I missing (other than the files). Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Do you mean Windows Mail ? (which was superseded by Windows Live Mail)

- if so look under C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Local folders

or (if WLM) C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

Those are the actual locations on my Vista rig.