Back to windows

atlstroke

After Mac told me they wanted $900 to replace a battery, Ive decided they are no longer worth the trouble. I have a MacBook that I can get data out of. I have an iphone 4s that is in good working conditions. I believe my next move is to get a surface (probably 2. cant see paying $1200 for a 3 tablet) and a galaxy (probably a 3, 5 is too large).

My questions are:

1. how well does iTunes work on a surface 2?

2. how well does galaxy3 interface with iTunes on a surface (could not get a galaxy to interface with iTunes on a MacBook)

3. how tough is it to get data from an iphone onto a galaxy ?

4. How reliable is a surface 2. I hear its a good product. I believe it has a USB port. Do they interface well with non-wireless printers ?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

$900 for a replacement battery seems a bit excessive to me considering you are well over half the price of a new laptop (You are nearly two thirds of the way to a new one). You may want to check the price with another Apple Store. Let me know the Model of Laptop and I will check a few sources for you.

Thanks for the offer Gandalf. Apple may have another arrangement in the UK but in the US all authorized apple service centers are required to send the computer to corporate if there is more than one thing wrong. They (two different places which charged me $50 each for the assessment) believe there is something wrong with the interface which caused the problem so that meets the criteria.

Minimum charge is $800 and change. Then there is shipping and tax.

Its a MacBook Pro if that helps.

I love my apple products but the gouging has gotten old.

Thanks again

Just checked on ebay and the replacement batteries are priced at between £35.00 to £50.00 depending on laptop size.

It may be an idea for you to have a look at that option. However, reading your reply if there is a problem on the interface side, a new battery isn't going to be all that much use to you.

I assume that the $900 is to fix the interface and replace the battery. If that is the case then I agree with you, there's not much point in spending that sort of money. You would be better off going for a new machine on Apple Credit.

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

Personally, I couldn't go back to Windows if Microsoft payed me too.

All the best.

• 2 months later...