Optional Updates for Windows 8.1

Optional patches usually should be applied the if the problems actually occur on your system. In your case

1. WDDM 1.1/1.2/1.3: sorry, difficult to say what that is without a KB number.

2. 300850: the article is already archived; is that number correct?

3. 3013769: a rollup of a group of patches; I suggest that you apply it.

4. 3013816: this is an update for the Mobile Device Manager; no need to apply if you don't use it.

1. Graphics driver updates (as driver updates in general) are a kind of preference. Some people say "if it ain't broken..."; other people (like myself) will install every driver update that comes may way. Some driver updates contain fixes and new features; others will merely support additional devices. Difficult to say without more details
  2. KB3000850 is another rollup: I would install it.

P.S. what is your display adapter (model & driver version)?

May have given incorrect information on last post.

By Power Adaptor do you mean Video card?

If so the installed version is:-

Intel ® HD Graphics

Card Memory 2.04GB

Provider Intel Corp

Card Version:- 10.18.10.3621. 05-16-2014

Computer Type is:- Lenovo Think Edge 72 Tower

Thanks for the dxdiag data. It's difficult to say what will be new with the new update, as we don't know what the version number will be.

Your driver is certainly not "outdated", but if it was me, I would install it anyway (then run a new dxdiag to see the new version).

If you decide to install it, make sure that you do a System Restore Point, so that it can be easily reverted if something goes wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...