Direct X

I have recently installed Call of Duty Advanced Warfare but when I try to play the game the following appears;- 'Direct X encountered an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solutions'

I've never heard of Direct X and don't know where to find the 'readme' Can anyone help please?

I have W7 SP1 Professional 64 bit. Went onto the Microsoft Support Site and Direct X 11.1 is the latest version and the appropriate update is 2670838.

I then went on to 'update' and there were 2 versions: Windows 6.1 KB 2670838-64.msu and 86.msu. I tried each one with the following result; "Update is not applcable to your computer". ???

I have Windows 7 and Direct x 11. I have tried updating to version 11.1

If the numbers are correct you already have the latest DirectX installed, which may explain why the update package isn't working.

However Googling " Directx encountered an unrecoverable error " brings up a host of threads from Call Of Duty players with Advanced Warfare and Ghosts. Seems it's a bug that some people have found work arounds like this or this .

I'm not a big gamer anymore but I think there a few C.O.D. fans out there who can give chapter and verse on it.