Special Windows 7 "Stop 3B Win32k.sys" BSOD - Guidance please?

Amby19

First thing today, both of my two 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 desktop systems immediately suffered STOP 03B (00000000C0000005,...) Win32k.sys BSOD crashes.

One of the two was always left running, but for some unknown reason it had rebooted itself. I find it extremely suspicious that both systems suffered exactly the same BSOD at exactly the same time...

The reason I specified in the OP title that this was a special case is because both systems have WinMagic's SecureDoc security system installed, which makes normal system access and system troubleshooting impossible because everything is either encrypted or otherwise secured. I can, however, boot from a special WinMagic Recovery usb drive and temporarily decrypt and otherwise "un-secure" all disks. However, this only lasts as long as the WinMagic Recovery WinRE system is running (i.e., everything goes back to encrypted and secured when I reboot, which then always crashes with the STOP 03B BSOD!)

I'm awaiting tech support from WinMagic, but in the meantime, could someone please advise me how I would repair the BSOD as if I was not using SecureDoc?

I was unable to attach the minidump to this post, but for the record, here's the text output from BlueScreenView:

post-19491-0-84142600-1437008734_thumb.p

post-19491-0-80605300-1437008735_thumb.p

Help me, please?

Are the two machines signed up to receive the "9ndows 10 upgrade?

I ask this because I have two W7 machines (signed up for the upgrade but not for installation) whixh have been behaving very oddyl recently - unexpained slowing down, blue screen, random WiFi disonnections, delayed shutdowns with the message "Operations in progress - - - ", slow shutdown without a message, slow startups and such .A W7 machine that hasn't been signed up for the upgrade has not shown these effects.

Is W10 being surreptitiously downloaded by MS in preparation for the end of the month?

Nothing shows on the hard drive but I'm sure there are ways of hiding these things.

Anyone else experiencing odd goings on?

Could it be that an update from yesterday's "patch Tuesday" may have caused this? Can you back out (System Restore) yesterday's updates?

Thanks for your reply!

Tuesday's patches have nothing to do with this because I hadn't applied them prior to the BSODs on both systems. I just sat down to get and apply them when they both crashed.

Are the two machines signed up to receive the "9ndows 10 upgrade?

I ask this because I have two W7 machines (signed up for the upgrade but not for installation) whixh have been behaving very oddyl recently - unexpained slowing down, blue screen, random WiFi disonnections, delayed shutdowns with the message "Operations in progress - - - ", slow shutdown without a message, slow startups and such .A W7 machine that hasn't been signed up for the upgrade has not shown these effects.

Is W10 being surreptitiously downloaded by MS in preparation for the end of the month?

Nothing shows on the hard drive but I'm sure there are ways of hiding these things.

Anyone else experiencing odd goings on?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

I had received a notice from WinMagic that SecureDoc was incompatible with the downloadable version of Win 10, so I was never going to let that happen. Long ago I uninstalled KB3035583 that offered the update, and even if it was compatible with SecureDoc, I planned to wait for a good long while before using Win 10.

What about you? Check your Windows Updates to see if KB3035583 was installed. If so, use Windows Update to uninstall it, then run Windows Update yet again and look for a new attempt to re-install it. When you see it, right-click it and select "Hide", so it will not keep trying.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been experiencing some boot problems on my Win 8,1 desktop computer.

It booted as far as loading the desktop background and the task bar icons but it refused to load all the start-up items. I then had to hit the enter key to get my desktop icons to load but the missing start up apps did not appear in the system tray. I had to manually load those which I needed.

After much fumbling - I tracked it down to my NVidia Streaming software for which I installed a requested update 3 days ago.

I have restored last week's Acronis C Drive image and all is well. I have now uninstalled the NVidia programme and the computer is booting OK.

Edit

I spoke too soon - the problem re-appeared and was only overcome by removing NVidia Gforce Experience from the start up programs.

There are posts on the web stating that an update for Windows 10 has caused identical boot up problems. The update included a new NVidia driver but I have yet to see anyone report the problem with Win 8.1. However - I have also read that last week's windows updates to Win 8 and 8.1 included some Win 10 software that readies the computer for the Win10 update and reduces the size of the Win 10 download.

I think there is a Microsoft versus NVidia software clash.