Guest nellie2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest nellie2

ok.... spare graphics card in and spare monitor plugged in, ready for first POST test. I would have been biting my nails at this moment but I broke a nail the day before so I was being careful with them

post-26-1066071367.jpg

Guest nellie2

Case........... um, I got it because I liked the look of it. Leo Series from Power systems computers model no. 6063-1 does that mean anything to you???? Wait until it gets switched on, then it is really pretty

Guest nellie2

Yay..... we have blast off!!!! Remember if you will that I had popped into the forum for a bit of advice just prior to this because I was having a bit of a problem with the front panel wires... got that sorted, went to switch on and I must admit nothing happened.

Took me a little while to realise that I had the jumper for my front side bus set wrong... ooops!!!! :rolleyes:

post-26-1066071770.jpg

Guest nellie2

so I know it works, time to canabalise my current PC... I took out my DVD and CD RW and my two hard drives, one 60 gig and one 5 gig for backups and also my sad little floppy drive plus my rather posh round IDE cable that I treated myself to in a fit of madness once when I wanted to buy something for my PC but couldn't think what!!!! :blink:

post-26-1066072155.jpg

Guest nellie2

Oh that is just that stupid white cloth I put underneath... I didn't have a big enough peice so it was in bits.... the monitor didn't fall off and lived to fight another day. Next time I am shopping for PC bits I will see if I can get some chrome fronts for the DVD and CDRW... it will look even better then

ooh that is nice Ellas, yours is practical and mine is pretty.  The tower on the floor Powerless was/is my old one.

Oh really i note Windows 2000 prof on the screen except that your asking a Q about XP in "software" :P

Anyway, well done nellie...you can build my next one ;)

Guest nellie2

Powerless.... re the w2000.... that is what was on my hard drive when I put it in. If you read the earlier bits of this thread you will see that I reformatted once I was happy that it was working.... so I now have XP but I did have W2000

Guest nellie2

I might just do that Shirl... I am still setting it up at the minute, I didn't get very far with loading my software last night because I spent ages trying to sort out my account, then I loaded office and decided to give Outlook a go, so spent a while fiddling with that.

Got a load more stuff to mess about with tonight and I haven't even started to get it looking how I want it too................. and the first person who mentions curtains for windows gets a smack!! :D :D :D