Incredimail

artist

I think that you will find that OE cannot be removed as it is a fundamental part of Windows. If you have upgraded to a higher version of OE then it will appear in Add/Remove, but this will not remove it completely. I know of two people who installed Incredimail, and although it worked OK at first, it eventually became corrupted, and also fouled up OE. I personally would not touch it with a barge pole. What advantage is it supposed to have over IE and OE? If your answer is 'fancy e-mails', this is easy to achieve with OE with a little practise and knowhow. If anyone doubts this I will send them an e-mail with moving clip art, a background colour or picture and music, to prove it. Just let me know.

Guest nellie2

Some people like incredimail.. I introduced a Canadian friend to it about 2 years ago and she is still using it. I prefer Outlook or Outlook express because that is what Im used to. I stopped sending emails with all sorts of fancy stuff on them because it just makes them bigger for people to download!!!

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Incredimail is a nice idea but is rather buggy :(

I'd much rather stick with OE.

And Andsome...I guess some people just like bells and whistles...I doubt you could get OE to announce the arrival of new mail with a little yapping puppy or a flunky(with sound effects).

But YES,most of the "in e-mail" effects can be acheived with a little education and perseverence.

Cheers.

Shirl.

Incredimail is a nice idea but is rather buggy  :(

I'd much rather stick with OE.

And Andsome...I guess some people just like bells and whistles...I doubt you could get OE to announce the arrival of new mail with a little yapping puppy or a flunky(with sound effects).

But YES,most of the "in e-mail" effects can be acheived with a little education and perseverence.

Cheers.

Shirl.

Shirl, although I am sixty seven I am still an avid fan of Star Trek, and the arrival of new mail on my computer is greeted with Worf announcing, "Captain, incoming message". you can do anything in OE that incredimail can do WITHOUT the bugs.

If you mean an e-mail. Open the Clipart file, and select the picture required. Right click and copy, then paste it into my documents. Create a cursor where you want the picture in the e-mail, click on INSERT at the top and select picture. Navigate to my documents and highlight to picture and click open. then click OK and the picture appears. You can do this with moving or still pictures. If you save a sound in my documents. In the e-mail click format/sound and navigate to my documents. If the sound is not visible you click onto the bottom little black triangle and change from one type of sound to the other. Follow the same path back to the e-mail and select how many time you want the sound to occur. If you e-mail me from the site I will send a demo e-mail by return as soon as I get back in, I just have to pop out. You can do the same thing in letters in Word, but only with still pictures of course. If you don't have Microsoft Office clipart, then of course in the first instance you navigate to wherever you store your pictures.