Problem.

stha2232

HI! This is my first post so I may be in wrong place I donot know.I have been hosting an Ark server from my computer since mid June. I use the basic steamcmd tool to keep it up to date and launch it from the StartServer.bat file created during the server creation step. My router decided to regularly drop settings, losing port forwarding, stopping broadcasting wireless, etc. So this morning I took the router back to my ISP and got an identical but working router.When I set up the server, my internal ip was 192.168.1.x, and the computer that runs the server was 192.168.1.105. The ports were (and still are) open. When I got the new router and set it up, my internal ip was 10.0.0.x. I couldn't get anything server related to show up in Ark when the server was running so I figured it was this change in ip. I reset the router back to 192.168.1.x and it defaulted the computer that runs the server to 192.168.1.2. When I launched the game, two versions of the server would show up for me only when I clicked on "My Survivors." I could connect, but no one else could find the server. So I went and forced my computer to use ip 192.168.1.105 just like before the router was swapped out. Now only one version of the server shows up, it is under LAN, and no one else can see it or join it. If they try to join the game by clicking my name in steam friends list, they get an error that says: server 127.0.0.0:7777 is not responding. I am out of ideas what to change or fix to get my server launched again. I am almost certain that it used to show up in steam as 192.168.1.105:7777 not the one from the error people are getting now. I could be wrong though. Either way, I don't know of any way to change the ip address that the server itself is trying to access. I don't want to lose the five weeks of progress we have made. Not getting the server back up would probably mean most of us quit the game, which I definitely don't want.So, if anyone has any[/i] ideas on how to fix this I would be greatly, greatly appreciative. I will also say that if I can't figure this out, I would be willing to pay for server hosting, but only if there is a way to upload our world to a dedicated server. So if anyone knows about that option, I would be glad to listen.Thanks for hearing me out and I hope that someone is able to help me figure this out

Unfortunately this Forum is a shadow of its former self with few people likely to have the specialized knowledge you're after. To be honest we've been losing members for years and are pretty much down to a hard core hoping against hope that the good old days will return.

Then there's the somewhat generic profile name and the fact that you don't appear to have checked back in since posting the question. So I suspect that nobody is likely to invest any time in searching for the answer.