Q R scanner

andsome

What is a Q R scanner supposed to achieve? I downloaded one into my phone to see what it does. I have just received a letter from my credit card company, and there was one of those funny little squares at the top. I scanned and got a load of meaningless numbers.

"What is a Q R scanner supposed to achieve?"

As far as I can tell it is yet another of these gadgets conceived and produced solely to be yet another way of separating any one using one from his money, in a subtle and effective manner.

Seems like it. I had obviously not noticed the  add at the top. I had held my phone too close and the image with the numbers was too large, I scanned several more of the little thingies, and there were ads for things that I had never heard of..

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The QR scanner you downloaded on your phone is supposed to read these codes and provide you with the information stored in them.
However, not all QR codes are created equal; some may lead to meaningless or harmful content.

It's always important to be cautious when scanning QR codes, especially those you're not familiar with.