Windows 10 64bit Enterprize shuts down unexpectedly

hosonto

Dear Experts,

I have installed windows 10 enterprise last month.

its working fine, but every 2-3 days it goes shutdown saying a message like "Windows is shutting down preventing your computer from serious problem".

After restarting the computer it works good.

Do I have the solution to this issue, please?

Thanks

Ho Sonto

Almost impossible to say without the precise error message which should give guidance as to what the problem is, next time it happens note down the message in full. All I can suggest in the short term is that you Restart windows at some point rather than just using Shut down.  it’s counter-intuitive that the “Restart” option performs a more complete shut down than the “Shut Down” option. But that’s how it works on W10 !

• 7 months later...

You can try the following

1. Disable Hybrid Shutdown
  2. Manually Perform A Full Shutdown
  3. Run Windows Update troubleshooter
  4. Reset your BIOS to default
  5. Use a built-in audio card
  6. Clean your laptop from dust
  7. Reset your power plan to default
  8. Change Intel Management Engine Interface settings
  9. Remove your laptop battery
  10. Install the latest updates
  11. Disable Intel Rapid Technology service

Hope that helps!

• 4 months later...

I've been having the same issue. I went and uninstalled the update but it was reinstalled without me even knowing. Uninstalling it stopped the issue but it came back when it reinstalled. I have continuously uninstalled the update only to have it get back on the computer without me ever knowing it. Out of frustration I chatted with a Microsoft rep and ask how I could turn off Windows Update (know in the past I could) and he explained how so I did but to my surprise the update was installed again and even more unbelievable the Windows Update turned itself back on. I am at my wits end the problem needs to be fixed this is not acceptable, my next action will not be liked by Microsoft. P.S. the link you provided to stop certain updates does not have any choice to stop this update.