Mcafee Firewall - Is It Any Good ?

Boris

Just been given a cover disk with a full version of McAfee Firewall 3 on.

I've used Zone Alarm free for years, tried Outpost (which I liked a lot [but the family didn't] - so it was uninstalled) but have never experienced one that you actually pay for !! :rolleyes:

Is it worth installing ? or should I stick with ZA ?

stick with ZA

you dont know what the McAfee Firewall  is going to do to your comp

if it aint broken dont try and fix it

madboy33

I agree with MadBoy.

I would stick with Zone Alarm. I believe ZA would do a better job than McAfee in regards to the firewall category. But give it a whirl if you like and tell us what you think !

Make sure you disable and uninstall ZA before you install McAfee.

BTW,

are you using the latest build of ZA ??

Regards,

bill :)

sygates ok but my choice is zonealarm pro,by the way anyone now why my sygate when shutdown will not restart by any shortcut or even by going to the program itself and will only restart at by restarting the computer,some mention in event viewer about missing registry files but apart from that its running fine.

sygates ok but my choice is zonealarm pro,by the way anyone now why my sygate when shutdown will not  restart by any shortcut or even by going to the program itself and will only restart at by restarting the computer,some mention in event viewer about missing registry files but apart from that its running fine.

Zonealarm does that to me! if I shut it down and restart it it just appears grayed out in the systray and will not work until I restart my puter.