Intel Laptop Mouse Pad Not Working Properly After Updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well. I recently updated my Intel laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and I'm encountering some issues with my mouse pad. Prior to the update, the mouse pad worked perfectly fine, but now it's not functioning properly. I'm reaching out to this forum to seek advice and see if others have experienced a similar problem or have any potential solutions.

Let me explain the issue in more detail. After the Windows 11 update, the mouse pad on my Intel laptop is behaving erratically. The cursor jumps around, clicks are not registering correctly, and sometimes the mouse pad becomes unresponsive altogether. This problem is making it difficult to navigate and use my laptop effectively.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I have already attempted, but none of them have resolved the issue:

Restarting the laptop multiple times.

Checking for and installing any available driver updates through Windows Update.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse pad driver.

Adjusting the mouse pad settings in the Windows 11 Control Panel.

Despite these efforts, the problem persists, and I'm running out of ideas on how to fix it. I rely heavily on my laptop for work and other tasks, so having a functional mouse pad is crucial.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input. Is there a specific driver or software update that I might be missing? Could there be compatibility issues between Windows 11 and the Intel laptop mouse pad? Any insights or solutions would be highly valuable.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

Best regards,

Tammy Gombez