[resolved] -how can i change display settings for

ive change the monitors over on two computers - but i always had a problem with this monitor being way too dark!.. i got around this on the other computer by changing the settings of the display adapter - but this computer doesnt seem to have options to change the brightness etc through the display adapter.. it is using a RIVA TVT display adapter. can anyone help? :huh:

I'm using that very card at the moment :D Riva TNT2 M64 32meg

Download the latest drivers for your O/S and the card from :-

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Win 95/98/Me is :-

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_53.04

Win 2000/XP is :-

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03

When you've installed them (uninstall the existing ones first)

Right click desktop

Left click properties

On settings tab

Left click "advanced"

Left click TNT2 model 64 and there they are ! :D

3rd one down - colour correction brightness/contrast/gamma

is this definetely compatible with mine? its a Riva TNT 16MB AGP Graphics Card? i dont really wanna remove the old driver and not be able to get it back

EDIT:

okay, i have downloaded and installed this driver (for Win2000) and still there are no options that wernt there before.. :(

display-errors.jpg

where do i go from here?

im starting to think this is a problem that wont be solved.. there must be a way to make options available like those you mentioned - the same options that are there on the other computer..... removing the older driver and installing the driver linked for win2000 certainly didnt change it ...... the computer is being sold - but i think as soon as they switch it on to test it there immediate reaction will be " :unsure: screens a bit dark " and it really is quite bad

Guest Grim Reaper

you could try downloading this utility......

RivaTuner is the most powerful tweaking utility for NVIDIA and ATI display adapters running under Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE / Windows ME / Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

The purpose of this utility is to give you access to all the undocumented features of Detonator and Catalyst drivers. Drivers have a lot of undocumented registry entries. Some of them don’t affect anything, but there are some that are very useful. In general, they cannot give you big performance boost but they can improve image quality and solve some compatibility problems. RivaTuner will help you to change all undocumented registry entries. It supports all versions of Detonators (now called ForceWare) drivers under Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE / Windows ME (Detonator 5.08 or higher under Windows 2000 / Windows XP

if not, the drivers that boris has posted above should give you the option to change the brightness under display adapters.

ps, which driver are you using at the moment?

the monitor is on FULL brightness FULL contrast and FULL colour :(

right now it is running on the driver that boris linked - and it appeared to make no difference and no extra options unfortunately - or if the options are there - they are not where boris said - which is where i would expect them - and where they was on the original computer that monitor was with..

ill try that download tomorrow though grim reaper thank you