Network

trackrat

Guest Blink_182_fan

do yo have bband trackrat as if you do to get the full 512 b sent by your bband modem you would need to get a 54mbps network, well thats what ill be soon doing except with a wireless network

Thanks for that Powerless, also reading Blinks reply it looks like I need the G variant as I have BB.

Another question -- my cable modem plugs into the lan connector, but on the other machine the lan connector is available so does this mean I only have to purchase one network card? or is`nt it that simple.

Your getting confused [or maybe it's me?].

You said "I have 2 computers that I want to network together they are next to one another so a cabled network will do."

Now the b and g refer to a Wireless Network, in other words no wires.

Chris will tell you what to do from now...Cable :o

Don't know if you want it opened again but just to point out, you would need more than one LAN point if you want to share the net as well as files and folders. As you have figured, 8021b 8021g refer to wifi and seeing as your machines are side by side its pointless going the wifi route.

Either shove a router in the middle of them of if you have a USB modem use that on the host machine and run a x over cable to the other machine or shove 2 cards in the host and run a cable from one and use the other for the modem.

Chris