How to overclock an XP2400???

Paul

I'm thinking about OC`ing my XP2400 which currently runs @ 2000MHz with a 133x2 fsb = total of 266MHz and a multiplier of 15 (I think I got that multiplier setting right????) and at present it runs at 43deg under load.

I know that an OC of 10% is a good OC and any chip with adequate cooling will easily cope, I also know that increasing the multiplier rather than the fsb is preferable but that is not an option as XP chips are multiplier locked and I cant be bothered closing the L2 bridges to unlock it.

So I ask - what should I set my FSB at for a reasonable OC without affecting my other busses (PCI and AGP) and also under what OC`ing conditions do you need to increase the CPU core voltage?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest ellas

craig your not suppose to answer a question with a question :D paul if you dont know how the hell are we suppose to know,all we know about is overcooking :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest third eye

Paul tell us your motherboard and memory type.The 2400 will run quite happily at 166fsb,multyplier at 12.5 to start,depending on memory. ;)Some mobo's unlock the 2400.