Printer Sharing

One other thing you could try, is to create an account on the xp machine with the same user name and password as the 2k machine (may be worth setting this as an administrator as well to see if you can then access the printer functions). Then log out and back on on the 2k machine and see if this makes a difference. At least we may find out if this problem is account related.

Mr. M.

Ok First of all i would like to say a big thanks to the people that have tried to help with this problem.

IT IS WORKING NOW

How i don't know.

I cleared every thing to do with the printer off of both systems, Then installed the latest drivers for the printer onto the xp system (Host), i then added the printer to the w2k system and told it where it was on the network.

And it still did not work

So i just kept repeating what i had done, in the hope that i missed something, I missed nothing.

After about the 4-5 time of doing this it worked, why it worked this time and not before i have no clue.

I will just put it down to one of them Windows/computer glitches.

Thanks again

All the best

Tony

PS Prince :- i did have a look for the security tab when in safe mode, But there is no printer installed at all when in safe mode.