Im ordering my network tomorrow

Guest Blink_182_fan

Guest Blink_182_fan

After saving up im finally getting my home network which consists of a Belkin 54MB Wireless Cable/DSL 4 prt router +ADSL modem and a Belkin 54MB Wireless Desktop PCI Network Card the addys for the site is below. I should oreder this tomorrow unless i am giving advice that i could get a better router and card for that price.

Belkin Wireless PCI card

Belkin wireless 54mbps router

My modem currently is A bt voyager 100

EDIT: the price altogether is £110.92

Guest Blink_182_fan

25-30 metre paces form my downstairs computer to were my new computer will be. But the room were the main pc will be is just about below were my new pc will sit.

Hello Blink, I've just had a look at the kit you were going to buy (have you ordered it yet?), and it seems to be very good value.

I do not have much experience of the Belkin routers, but Belkin do have a very good name, so I would expect them to be good products.

As for your question regarding the PCI cards, the answer to this is, "it depends". If the computers you wish to use are close enough to the router, and it is easy enough to run a dedicated cable from the router to the modem, then I would recommend doing this, in which case you would need a standard Network card instead. If however the distance or route is too complicated to do this, and you have to have a wireless connection, then you will need a wireless card for each device you wish to connect.

Regards. Mr. M.

Guest Blink_182_fan

Thanks Mr M i found out that the full delievery price was not added and that it is another £17 pound to deliver it to Northern Ireland. I saw this router at pc world and was able to work out it was cheaper to get it there because i didnt have to pay the delivery