I've done it! Please have a look at my site!

peter e

Guest Mundy

Brilliant peter e. Very informative. Like the layout, as others have said clean and crisp, easy on the eye. The use of the screenshots make's it very easy to understand. Just the type of tutorial I like... don't you fancy doing one on Xp? :D

10/10 go to the top of the class.

Thanks for the support, everyone. I truly appreciate your comments. :D

I don't want to seem ungrateful, but is there anything you feel needs changing? Does anyone use a browser other than IE? If so, does the site display OK? Does it look OK to anyone using a screen resolution less than 1024 x 768? (Oh! Just realised that I could lower my screen res and have a look).

Thanks again.

Pete

Well done Pete, Firstly for actually producing a web site, and secondly for producing such an impressive site!......I really mean it..im impressed...........and i dont usually impress easily..... :D

Love the colour scheme

love the fact that you've used Frames

love the content and the ease of use!!!!!!!!

Well done mate

Damo

*ME sulks and goes back to dreamweaver planning a new site! :lol:

Pete: One thing i have noticed tho is the About Email heading on the left, only appears to have the hyperlink connected to the 'About' part of the title.

Hi Damo. Thanks for your kind comments. :D

I thought I'd never get the site uploaded. But in the end I learned quite a lot about producing web pages using Word - it's not so bad if the page is fairly straight forward but if you want anything a little more complicated it's a beggar. Creating a page as a Word doc is fine, but when you convert it to html it goes all over the place because it can't format it in the same way.

You are right about the "About e-mail" link. Must have not highlighted all the words when I set the link - thanks for noticing it; I hadn't.

I'll finish off the site with Word but then I'm going to get a copy of either Frontpage or Dreamweaver. There's a trial Dreamweaver on last months PCA mag CD, so I'll try it out before I decide. Are you getting on OK with Dreamweaver?

Thanks again, Damo. :D

Pete

Are you getting on OK with Dreamweaver?

Im finding Dreamweaver is one big steep learning curve!!

But its an excellent piece of software, the more i play with it the more i learn!

Just been out and bought my self a book called 'Dreamweaver MX Bible' It appears to be an excellent book and am gonna start reading it tonight, its nearly 1200 pages!!!! :o cost me £34.99 from Waterstones!

So hopefully ill be able to make use of dreamweavers capabilities shortly!

Damo

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

Very informative site....could do with a graphical revamp maybe...the menu is a little bit too...erm ...boring.

Sorry...but a little bit of tweaking could make ALL the difference.

Cheers.

Shirl.

Hi

Very good site,nice and crisp and easy to get around with, well done.

But (yer sorry there is always a but :-( )

1:- The nave menu does not look to good in Opera 7 (see pici Below)

op-grab.jpg

2:- This is just my personal view, but i think that the site would look better with out the frame boarders.

You have a natural frame boarder between the Nav & content frame, with the blue stripe, and you could add a seperator graphic in the top frame, so as when you scroll the content frame, there is a brake between the text in the top and bottom frames.

But nice work, keep it going

I will be pointing people to this site to learn about OE.

All the best

Tony

Thanks to everyone for the input. I've got a lot of work to do yet but I needed unbiased opinions to point me in the right direction. The main reason some of the things look the way they do is because I don't yet know how to do it another way - but I'm learnin'.

I take your point, Shirl and I'll try to jazz it up a bit. ;)

Thanks for your input, Tony. The nav looks dreadful in Opera. I'll see what I can do about the borders. No excuse, I know, but Word is a beggar unless you want straightforward and simple. I can't wait to get Frontpage or Dreamweaver.

Thanks again to all - your opinions (good or bad) are appreciated. :D

Pete

Hi Peter e

Ok it does not look as good as i thought ;) , but here is just a little idea.

You could rotate the background image in the nav frame 180°, so the two blue stripes are together (solid blue in the middle and fadeing out left and right).

But i still think it looks better with out the frame boarders.

All the best

Tony

Sorry, Damo! About the frames, I mean. But I've been trying things out. I'll take onboard all your suggestions and keep working on the site until it looks right. :blink:

It's OK to have a link, Nellie. I'm quite pleased that you want a link. :D

I'll try that idea of yours, Tony. Thanks.

I hope you will all contribute opinions when I've revamped the site a little more. Thanks everyone. ;)

Pete

Thanks, Tony. You can take some credit for inspiring me - when you posted for opinions on your first site on PCA Forum. And then when Damo started his site and posted on his progress, it just inspired me to take the plunge and have a go. :D

Pete