HDD installation

So, three hard drives.

Drive 1 is SATA and has the operating system installed on it. [XP]

Drive 2 & 3 are IDE drives in the machine but not connected at the moment because of the error message.

When connected you have them both on the same IDE cable and the jumpers on the rear of the drives are set to master and slave or cable select.

Master should be connected to the end of the cable and slave to the middle connector. This applies to whichever way you decide to set the jumpers.

Received from tiger_lilyanne

"i followed the instruction to connect the master to theend of the cable and slave to the middle connector already but when i started the boot again, this message appeared "NTLDR" is missing

what should i do?"

This is a list of possible causes tiger_lilyanne, I think we may have to work through them one at a time. :blink: If you can check as much as possible from your end then come back to the thread with what you have found to be correct we can look at the options left. dj.

Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.

Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.

Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.

Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.

Attempting to upgrade from a Windows 95, 98, or ME computer that is using FAT32.

New hard disk drive being added.

Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.

Seriously corrupted version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable.