Black Watch

The Grump

My condolences to the family's of those brave soldiers, i myself am the father of a currently serving british soldier and my thoughts go out to you....as regards to the three nails in B'lairs coffin did you make the same comment when thatcher sent thousands of troops to defend an island 8000 miles away?for what?sorry if this comment offends but that is how i feel at the moment...........

pacman

My thoughts go to the families that lost loe ones in this war, but people who think that the war was wrong are wrong themselves. These people will have much better lives at the end and the lads and ladies out there are doing a great job at trying to help the iraqi's. It is just the few that dont seem to want our help causing the problems.....

I honestly think that the american's should take lesson on how to approach people, they seem to be making then enemies with their approach where as we try to make friends out there...

"Falklands was right"

The Falkland Islands are a long way outside British Territorial waters and I don't recall that many mass graves were found when they were "Liberated". I think everybodys sympathies and condolences go out to the bereaved families but it's not an event that should be politicised .

"Falklands was right"

The Falkland Islands are a long way outside British Territorial waters and I don't recall that many mass graves were found when they were "Liberated". I think everybodys sympathies and condolences go out to the bereaved families but it's not an event that should be politicised .

Rightly or wrongly the people of the Falklands are British citizens and their allegiances are to these islands.

From whom were they 'liberated'? - do you mean the Argentinian invaders?

It would be difficult to reply to Hurdy's post without making some political reference, which I don't wish to do, so I shall content myself by saying yes I do mean the Argentines.

There is an underlying reason for our country to retain them ....The continental shelf has got some very big oil and coal reserves ...and possibly gas ..Just sitting there ...

Curious ....there are some parallels ...But it is under UK sovereignty .... and if we have any sense ...It should remain so

You just did :mellow:

My condolences to the families of all 73 of our service people that have died in Iraq, along with my condolences to families of the 10,000 + innocent Iraqis we have killed.

"There is an underlying reason for our country to retain them ....The continental shelf has got some very big oil and coal reserves ...and possibly gas ..Just sitting there ..."

Mammon 1 - Altruism 0