BPA01 InstantPAN Bluetooth Printer USB Device

hedgert

I'm a newbie to Bluetooth - so please excuse what is probably a stupid question.

Out of fascination to see what Bluetooth could do, I bought a Bluetooth USB dongle (which came with BlueSoleil software) and an InstantPAN BPA01 USB Bluetooth Printer Adapter.

The dongle and BlueSoleil software seem to work OK - I can connect to various mobile phones and exchange files etc.

I've plugged the BPA01 into the mains and the USB port of my printer and run up the BlueSoleil programme. I run device discovery and up pops the printer as an unknown device of type printer - promising start. The options I then have in BlueSoleil are to pair with the device or discover its services. Service discovery always fails after a while, saying Service Discovery Failed. Sometimes when I try pairing the same thing happens; sometimes I get a pop up box asking for a passkey. A post elsewhere in this forum suggests a passkey of 0000 (zeroes) for the BPA01 - so I try that and nothing happens.

That's as far as I can get. The manual is next to useless, offering very little information and a search on the web yields helpful information like, this is a device that works without software - great if you can't make it work!

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I'm the origionator of the Bluetooth query about printing. What I found was to set the 'Secure Connection' to 'Not required' and it works. I can now print to one printer from two computers. Use Windows Me/2000/XP for your bluetoothing 98 gave me endless problems.

Let us know how you get on.

Graeme

• 17 years later...