Sun Java

Scarecrow Man

Check your version. b09 is out.

Java 2 Runtime Environment, v1.5.0_02-b09

Not sure - isn't it the same as this? My Java version shows v1.5.0_02-b09 - or could it have been auto-updated? Is there a log of Java auto-updates?

I did an update a few days ago and it was quite a big one, if yours auto-updated while you was on PC you would have noticed it. The version you have is the same as mine ;)

• 1 month later...
When i checked in add and remove progs it still lists update 2, can i delete this as its quite a large file ?

thanks

This is what Sun suggest http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/5000070400.xml

pwillener,thanks for the heads up :)

Cheers, it looks like they advise to keep old versions on ;)

Although the original has gone, i now have 2 + 3 updates at 117 mb each :unsure:

Got it sorted now, I should have left a space after java.  I have visited the link above from pwillener, and am informed that I have the latest version.

So if you do a java (space) -version now, what version do you find?

If you have 1.5.0_03, then maybe you were auto-updated.

If you have 1.5.0_02, then my link may no longer be correct; try this simple link and click on Download JRE 5.0 Update 3.

When i checked in add and remove progs it still lists update 2, can i delete this as its quite a large file ?

thanks

I see no benefit of having multiple versions of Sun Java installed. I always uninstall the previous version before installing a new one -- it is the cleanest way. Otherwise you'll have multiple directories, multiple uninstalls -- can you imagine how many versions you'd have installed if you started using Sun Java since v1.0 ?

(And keep in mind that only the latest version is actually used.)

Thanks for the link. cmd showed that I had 1.5.0_02-b09.

I now have 1.5.0_03-bo7. It looks as though I was not up to date, but I cannot understand why the Java site should have told me that I was.

Got it sorted now, I should have left a space after java.  I have visited the link above from pwillener, and am informed that I have the latest version.

So if you do a java (space) -version now, what version do you find?

If you have 1.5.0_03, then maybe you were auto-updated.

If you have 1.5.0_02, then my link may no longer be correct; try this simple link and click on Download JRE 5.0 Update 3.

thanks

I see no benefit of having multiple versions of Sun Java installed. I always uninstall the previous version before installing a new one -- it is the cleanest way. Otherwise you'll have multiple directories, multiple uninstalls -- can you imagine how many versions you'd have installed if you started using Sun Java since v1.0 ?

(And keep in mind that only the latest version is actually used.)

Cheers guys will delete 2 ;)

1.5.0_03-bo7 has just been released. The site has probably not been updated to check for it yet.

You may be right - http://www.java.com/ still offers 1.5.0_02 as the latest release. I have send them a feedback, and they replied that "for some official reasons new upade 1.5.0_03 is not available now" on their site. Whatever that means.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...