Sods Law

doug

Things were going well. Had friends up from Salisbury for a few days then we went over to Keswick in the Lakes for a few more days. Their G'children are younger that our G'daughter. Anyway, we promised to send them some of young Dani's old cassette tapes with stories. I religeously copied some of the better ones onto a CD to include in the parcel. This took a while because they have bleeps to say when to turn over the page, so I cut the beeps out as well. Books don't exist any more. Today I started to print of some of the pictures taken with them. I had hoped to include some Of the railway viaduct in Chester-le-Street. This area is being re-developed so as some of the very old buildings have been demolished, including the old bus garage - which used to be a brewery - I thiught I would record these historical moments. Our friends used to live here nr. CLS. Yesterday, I took some photos of King Coal, a sort of monument of the coal mines that used to be here. This is located alongside of my jogging track, 3.8 miles out from where I start, the Conset to Sunderland mineral railway track. It's now part of the C2C cycling track - No. 7 for the cyclists among you.

Started to print the pics and sod struck. The colour cartridge started to run out. Oh **** I said to myself, and I had meant to order up a new one a couple of weeks ago. Short term memory loss. Thinks to myself, won't be able to get a replacement from Choice for a few days at least. Rummaged around in a draw and found the remains of a cartridge refill kit. "Praise Be" I exclaimed. That should be enough to see this job through. Having had a nasty experience once before I carefully checked which colour went into which tank by pressing onto tissue then started to merrily do the business. Did a quick test with the tissue - and - sod had struck. I had turned the cartridge round, so the blue went in the yellow and vice versa. Would you Addam and Eve it. To say the least I am presently cheesed off.

:o

Could that have been me? I drafted my posting in word - I don't trust the spelling produced by my new KB. Then I pasted into here. Should I restrict the word page layout or something. Any hints or suggestions? <_>

doug

It has just occured to me that there is an editing facility on each of your own postings, this was pointed out to me the other day, when nellie had the cheek to imply that St George was the patron saint of Britain