WinZip 10

ɹəuəllıʍ ʇɐb

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;306531

Just found this; it seems that the "compressed folder" must be created first before the compressed folder tool can be used. However, when I try to follow the instructions, I find that there is now compressed (zipped) folder option on the New menu.

Maybe that functionality had been removed with the installation of WinZip (similar as the Windows defragmenter disappears with the installation of Diskeeper) ?

You could well be right. I have NEVER installed any zip facilities in XP. The Windows zip facility has always been there. Regarding defragging. Since installing Diskeeper 7 some time ago, the Windows defrag now does NOT appear. If you uninstall Winzip, does the Windows zip facility reappear? The Windows defrag facility DOES reappear if you uninstall Diskeeper.

Since installing Diskeeper 7 some time ago, the Windows defrag now does NOT appear.

I have Diskeeper and I also have the facility to use Windows Defragmenter if I wanted to - it's still listed under Accessories, System Tools in the Start, All Programs menu

Since installing Diskeeper 7 some time ago, the Windows defrag now does NOT appear.

I have Diskeeper and I also have the facility to use Windows Defragmenter if I wanted to - it's still listed under Accessories, System Tools in the Start, All Programs menu

If I follow your route and defrag. The resultant window says that DISKEEPER has defragged the computer. No mention is made of Windows defrag

You could well be right. I have NEVER installed any zip facilities in XP. The Windows zip facility has always been there. Regarding defragging. Since installing Diskeeper 7 some time ago, the Windows defrag now does NOT appear. If you uninstall Winzip, does the Windows zip facility reappear? The Windows defrag facility DOES reappear if you uninstall Diskeeper.

Uninstalled WinZip, rebooted WIndows, but the Windows zip facility did not appear. ZIP files do not even show the zip icon.

Well, never mind this, I reinstalled WinZip, and I am very happy to use it when I need to zip up some files. Thanks for all the tips anyway.

You must have a different version (maybe lite?); I use DK9, and it replaces the Windows defragger. I have no way of invoking the standard system defragger.