Shot of my website

Damo

Howdy all,

This is only a screen shot of our new site as I'm adding the final touches to it before it goes online, but as it stands, what do people think of the layout and the way it looks?

I know you can't read any info on it, etc, not till next week when it goes up anyway, but just some feedback on appearence would be appreciated!

BTW - this is for my new paranormal investigation company, taking members of the public along to overnight ghost hunts at haunted places!

Ta

D

post-413-1137882511_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

i dig the design! it's very smooth, and it seems to work well on the page. i see you're using firefox - do you design for firefox? for some reason, i always design for firefox (and other standards-based/sensible browsers), then fix for IE. i know that's kind of an old method, but why should we optimize for those who lag behind (not to be offensive) when there's so much fun to be had on a larger scale simple standardizations in code?

-kael

i dig the design! it's very smooth, and it seems to work well on the page. i see you're using firefox - do you design for firefox? for some reason, i always design for firefox (and other standards-based/sensible browsers), then fix for IE. i know that's kind of an old method, but why should we optimize for those who lag behind (not to be offensive) when there's so much fun to be had on a larger scale simple standardizations in code?

-kael

Yep, Always design using firefox in mind first, then sort it out for IE later on!....IE should be deleted from every PC! :P

:lol:

Firefox I must say is the way forward for your online experience, a simple Google search would open up a whole wealth of reasons. From its spy ware free themes, plugins and the amount of things you can do with it. From playing with the ' About:config ' . IE has surpassed its era, i know by saying this that there will be bound to be people of disagree. But Firefox is fully Open source and there’s a great sense of achievement around the whole project, that a browser has become so popular. Just check out this stat page 'http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp' . I must admit though IE still holds the largest community of users, but that’s got to be that the Majority of PC's are pre-installed with Windows which come with IE.

Another advantage with Firefox is that it stick with all standard web design practices, there’s no cheats like. Lets say using FrontPage and insert a 'Callout' you get the idea of what i mean pretty quick. As you can see I’m a big supporter of Firefox, get it now. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox

Any views on Firefox please post them here :-)