Office 2007

PaulErdos

• 2 months later...
I am still using Office 2000. Too expensive to upgrade and it works for me. And fortunately, docs created in later version of Office still can be opened in Office 2000.

What is the main reasons why I should upgrade to latest Office?

ya ... good question

no need to upgrade... if Office 2000 still can use just use it. Dont waste your money on M$ and for sure in the next 3 or 4 years M$ will may ask u to buy other Office.. huh!!! wasted..

I am still using Office 2000. Too expensive to upgrade and it works for me. And fortunately, docs created in later version of Office still can be opened in Office 2000.

What is the main reasons why I should upgrade to latest Office?

I see few, if any reasons to upgrade, or even use, Microsoft Office.

Perfectly good office applications are now available totally free (e.g. Open Office) or for a small outlay (e.g. Star Office).

I will not be buying any more versions or copies of the Microsoft product either for myself or for anyone that I build for, including my son who uses machines on a professional basis.

The same applies for some other applications such as Adobe Acrobat.

I wasn't suggesting that, andsome. My point was that there are alternatives and when Mr Gates decides not to support his bits of software or renders them useless, there is always something just as good for you to get for the best price possible - free :)

• 1 year later...

After much ummin an arrin I have ordered Office 2007 Home & Student edition, which is about £90 from Amazon. I am currently using Office 1815 so need an update and I do rather fancy their Notebook thingummy. Looked at all the cheap or free Star, Open, Atlantis etc and while they variously impress, I think Gates has it in this sector.