A desktop

Sir Radfordin

why dosen't he create a couple of folders and call them different names like "My media" My tools" etc and then he can all the short cuts in the relative ones, that way his desk top is nice and tidy.

only a suggestion.

I To use web shots but there is no need for all those icons.

post-1-1055164681_thumb.jpg

Guest Nellie2

What's the point in having a desk top if you can't put stuff on it?? Anyway, if I pinned everything to my start menu it would be huge......... I only have shortcuts for the stuff I use.

Guest Nellie2

The Duke??? Well if it is the same Duke that I am thinking of then it's ok 'cos I know him..... we're buddies!! Anyway, i don't chuck rubbish over the wall I lob it at the bin!

I quite like the photo base on webshots ....anyway once you've downloaded the ones you want , How does it hog bandwidth ?

Try working in a company with a couple of call centres and some staff that forget their passwords between logging on in the morning and going for lunch :o you quickly learn to hate webshots. You may well be able to set it to only download pictures you want and build up your collection but the people I deal with just let it check for a new piccy ever 30 seconds (slight exageration) and when you multiply that by about 100 you've got a lot of un-needed network activity.

Hotbar is another thing I love to hate. I now have proof that is a bad idea as we found out at work this week. Users who had it installed had a problem accessing an in-house website. You uninstalled it and all worked fine.

No-one really knows what this applications do to your PC and my view is that you shouldn't install stuff that you don't need. Thats as someone who works with IT as well as enjoys it. Of course if you are a homeuser feel free to have some fun!

I'll stop moanin bout 'em users now, wouldn't have a job without them!