A once great country

It is absolutely tipping it down with rain and a gale is blowing outside. The doorbell has just gone. Outside in this treacherous weather was a really old man. He must have been at least in his nineties. He could scarcely walk and needed a zimmer frame. He asked me to sign a petition to keep open the local day care centre, due to close as a cost cutting exercise. What the bloody hell has happened when this kind of thing occurs in what is one of the wealthiest countries in the world? It makes me livid when I see the millions poured down the drain on spongers and welfare dodgers, illegal immigrants etc etc, and we cannot even help the poorest and most vulnerable in our own society. Rant over, but I feel really angry at what has happened to this once great country. A POX on all politicians. :censored::censored::censored::censored:

He asked me to sign a petition to keep open the local day care centre, due to close as a cost cutting exercise. What the bloody hell has happened when this kind of thing occurs in what is one of the wealthiest countries in the world? It makes me livid when I see the millions poured down the drain on spongers and welfare dodgers, illegal immigrants etc etc, and we cannot even help the poorest and most vulnerable in our own society.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticl...LAIR-SLEAZE.xml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...xportaltop.html

These items do not tell all the tale but are very indicative of the type of system that is currently holding on to power.

A small local hospital which has also served the community for many years is shortly due to close. The land will be sold for housing. The hospital was given to the community many years ago by the local mine workers. It has served a similar function to a hospice for about the last twenty years, and has been an asset to the comm unity. A small physiotherapy unit has also been extremely useful for local doctors. Patients will in future have to travel. There is also a local nursing home due to close soon for need of a few thousand pounds worth of help. Some patients have been there for many years and the move could well hasten their deaths. Cuts cuts and more cuts all the time. What the hell is happening to all the money saved?

A small local hospital which has also served the community for many years is shortly due to close. The land will be sold for housing. The hospital was given to the community many years ago by the local mine workers. It has served a similar function to a hospice for about the last twenty years, and has been an asset to the comm unity. A small physiotherapy unit has also been extremely useful for local doctors. Patients will in future have to travel. There is also a local nursing home due to close soon for need of a few thousand pounds worth of help. Some patients have been there for many years and the move could well hasten their deaths. Cuts cuts and more cuts all the time. What the hell is happening to all the money saved?

Well if England is anything like Oz these days, it is being eatenup in Pc agenda'a like advocates for illegal refugees, baby bonus's, have a baby and get up to $5000 in hand plus tax benefits - then of course the old and aged are being made to wait on long lists in the hospitals for hip and knee replacement whilst the aussie rules footballers who play rough contact sport get their knee reconstructionsetc on call at the public hospital although they get paid for playing as professionals and are not made to carry private health insurance, pushing the seniors back even further on the list.

then the Aged care homes are full and no money to build more but more places are to be funded for mums to go out to work, in child care centres, and even a millionaire can draw the tax benefit and have his children in these centres subsidized by the government on the daily fee as no means test, but a OAP is means tested and if a bit of money comes their way they get their pension which is rock bottom anyway cut even further.

So it is no different over here.

Too many refugees on welfare, and illegals working and not paying taxes but calling on health resources and using cards of legals which have a safety net and when used up get all prescription medicines free so rip off system that way.

Rotten world we find ourselves in these days. I feel for the old boy in your story - too much of that going on and no compassion because he is probably an Englishman and not a refugee :censored: because if your country is like ours racist is the word I would be called for saying so. :angry:

Well if England is anything like Oz these days, it is being eatenup in Pc agenda'a like advocates for illegal refugees, baby bonus's, have a baby and get up to $5000 in hand plus tax benefits - then of course the old and aged are being made to wait on long lists in the hospitals for hip and knee replacement whilst the aussie rules footballers who play rough contact sport get their knee reconstructionsetc on call at the public hospital although they get paid for playing as professionals and are not made to carry private health insurance, pushing the seniors back even further on the list.

then the Aged care homes are full and no money to build more but more places are to be funded for mums to go out to work, in child care centres, and even a millionaire can draw the tax benefit and have his children in these centres subsidized by the government on the daily fee as no means test, but a OAP is means tested and if a bit of money comes their way they get their pension which is rock bottom anyway cut even further.

So it is no different over here.

Too many refugees on welfare, and illegals working and not paying taxes but calling on health resources and using cards of legals which have a safety net and when used up get all prescription medicines free so rip off system that way.

Rotten world we find ourselves in these days. I feel for the old boy in your story - too much of that going on and no compassion because he is probably an Englishman and not a refugee :censored: because if your country is like ours racist is the word I would be called for saying so. :angry:

You have summed it all up nicely.