Urban mass transit

Tankus

With the Olympics just 6 years away ...,and I'm still using armpit to elbow non AC cattle-trucks on my daily grind ....some interesting ideas how its done in Euro-land on this site ...really need to start now ...!

Citytransport

Its very well laid out with some good photography ...lots to read if your mildly interested

I rather like the grass and tree-lined tracked trolleybuses in Canes ...much better than looking at solid concrete ...

Trains in Spain are cheap, clean, and always on time ;) ;)

But the trains in Spain run mainly on the plains. :lol:

They go through the mountains as well, they killed Frank Sinatra as he tried to jump onto the back of "Von Ryans Express" just a short drive away from us. ;) ;)

I like the rhyme deuces wild :D

By the way dadyassa what does this mean or where is it from...

I will put mine back when the gremlin has departed

It goes back to this thread here when I tried to help and messed up my sig.

Apparently there is a gremlin flying about in a picture so the forum is not allowing any piccies being uploaded so I will have to wait until it is sorted before I can put my sig back. :(

Trains in Spain are cheap, clean, and always on time ;) ;)

I remember being in The Netherlands during a train strike. All the trains still ran exactly on time and were spotless as usual. I was told that the Dutch rail workers are very proud of their transport system and, even during strikes, they want to keep things as near normal as possible.

Another thing with Spain ...they coordinate the local buses to the trains .... The bus waits for all the passengers to come off , before setting out , the driver can see across the tracks through the station watching people disembark ....... this is major rocket science in the UK

Excellent AC on both ...and clean , ... and only one fare tariff ,

............. not dependant on there being a full moon in the month , you buy your ticket 1 year in advance , and you only travel on Wednesdays , with your mother , and uncle Charlie's pet hamster ,......... otherwise you pay triple ,leaving a pint of blood in collateral ............