Beckham

andsome

Now that this Beckham saga has finally been ended, can we all have a rest from any more mentions of the name. The whole business, conerning a grossly overpaid, scruffy looking thicko, whose only talent is that he is a reasonable footballer has been blown up out of all proportion. Let's hope that the media can now find something more important than him and his scraggy missus.

Guest Nellie2

Whatever you may say about him and Vicky......... what you see is what you get and I like that........... and....... it is so obvious that they are just totally besotted with each other. I like that too. :)

in the absence of Andsome, i think i will have a bit of a rant.......

There is famine in Africa, people are still being killed in Iraq, the opposition leader of Burma is being held in prison without charge, Robert Mugabe is still in power in Zimbabwe, the Aids epidemic is still rife, Northern Ireland is still not sorted out, Isreal and Palestine, terrible human rights travesties are still being commited in China, and I could go on and on..........

So imagine when at 6.30am I turn on my tele to see an extended news with the main headine being "BECKHAM TRANSFERS TO REAL MADRID"

Now I am a football fan, i go to my local club (Watford FC) whenever I can (even though I don't support them), i love Liverpool FC and follow the sport very closely but come on, what the hell is wrong with the world......

Realistically Beckham has done nothing for the world as a whole, has done nothing for Great Britain (for England FC yes) and has simply moved from one club to another, something which players do all of the time!!!!

If it was "Tony Blair signs for the Tories in Shock Admittance he really is one" then I could understand the hysteria but come on people wake up.

Even the supposed news broadcaster of the year (Sky News) is leading with the story at 6pm two days after the event. I have respect for the chaps talent as a footballer and his dedication to his family but he is JUST A FOOTBALLER.

In summary, come on people, lets not mention him again until he scores the winning goal in 2004 or something, let him get on with his life as a vastly overpaid footballer and give us some decent news to get our teeth into!!!!!

You forgot to mention Derry Irvine's £350 a roll flock wallpaper , to hide the cracks............Fat lot of good that was as he's now out of his office..!

We don't live in a sane world.........So why do you expect sane behaviour , Lived ?

too true tankus but if those who supply the information are acting irresponsibly how are the younger generation supposed to grow up with a sense of morality or sensibilty?

Its all beckhams fault!

Lived Backwards

You have summed it up well. When I had the news on the TV, the first item was Beckham. After several more items, the newsreader said "now we return to our main story", this sums up the sad state of the media today.

Guest Shirley_Crabtree

LMAO...you refer to David Beckham as a "grossly overpaid, scruffy looking thicko"

With respect you seem to be talking about the wrong chap!

He's prolly years ahead of the fashion people and actually calls the shots in that department!!

I agree that in the big-picture of world affairs he is not such a big-shot but he does his best to promote peace,etc.

Where is your "Key to peace" you grumpy old git ;)

Sorry Shirl. What is fashionable about two or three days of whispy immature beard? If he does not have the ability to grow a beard why not admit it and have a shave? What is fashionable about some of the scruffy looking things that he has done from time to time with his hair. Short hair, long hair it really doesn't matter a damn, but why does it have to look greasy and untidy? Someone who is in his position in a popular sport, ought to set a better example to the kids. It is a sad fact that many youths render themselves unemployable in certain types of jobs because they look so unpresentable. What I was really pointing out though, was the mass hysteria of the press towards him, actually calling his possible transfer THE MAIN STORY OF THE DAY, it is hardly earth shattering is it. For pity's sake, lets keep things more in perspective. The potential transfer of a grossly overpaid unkempt footballer can surely not be considered the most important news story of the day, any more than what he or his wife happens to be wearing.

Guest Nellie2

The good thing about us humans is that we are all different........ we have different ideas about what is good to eat........ good to wear etc.

Mr Beckham is really showing his individuality with the things he wears and because of who he is he gets away with it too....... plus, he doesn't let the critics phase him.

Someone who is in his position in a popular sport, ought to set a better example to the kids.

I think he does set a good example if you think about it. He doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, works hard and is focused on what he does. Is in a long term relationship and doesn't mess about. All good messages to send out to the kids don't you think???

You're definately showing your age, andsome.

:rolleyes: :P

I have no problem with that at all.

I am still just trying to make the point that news about an over paid unkempt footballer hardly rates the title 'main news story of the day'. The amount of media attention is mind boggling, it's hardly likely to have an earth shattering effect on our lives.