My old band's site

Burnsie87

First post *woo* hehe

This is a site I designed for my old band quite a while back, it loads slowly because I just used image maps. I was going to design the site with flash after this version but I left the band before I got round to it.

I'm just wondering people's thoughts as to the graphical element of the site, and also the layout and if there are any improvements I could make to it; as my former band mates have asked me if I can make the flash version of it for a fee.

Cheers, Chris

My Site

Takes far too long to load - much longer than you may be aware and people on slower download speeds will give up (I'm on 8MB).

I like the stark titling (good if that goes with type of band) and the arrangement of the links as handwriting. I don't like the full texts being at an angle to the page - OK for titles but makes for very difficult reading again, though, the handwriting effect is good.

You will have to give attention to the download speed - it was still loading way after I'd read a full page.

I've had another look.

I retract some of what I wrote above. The site loads in a reasonable time (I must have been having a blip in the service).

Personally, I like the low quality pictures - which go well with the monochrome aspect.

I still don't like the angled text, though. OK for header and the index but make it difficult to read more than a few words.

Hey guys cheers for the feedback :) I'll look into changing the angled text in the next version. The reason for the angled text is to make it look like handwriting on a piece of paper ;)

A couple of the pictures on there were taken from a mate's mobile phone, and the others were DVD captures, hence the low quality

As for the WMP control, there should've been a song that played when the page was loaded, i'll have to look into that!

There's not a lot of into on it at the moment either and some of the pages aren't finished but at least I know now not to use the angled text throughout the site lol :D

Thanks again

Hey guys cheers for the feedback :) I'll look into changing the angled text in the next version. The reason for the angled text is to make it look like handwriting on a piece of paper ;)

A couple of the pictures on there were taken from a mate's mobile phone, and the others were DVD captures, hence the low quality

As for the WMP control, there should've been a song that played when the page was loaded, i'll have to look into that!

There's not a lot of into on it at the moment either and some of the pages aren't finished but at least I know now not to use the angled text throughout the site lol :D

Thanks again

I'm probably glad I missed that then. :D

Try and reduce the size a bit, I am getting a black margin on the lhs and a scroll bar to center the page, also one on the height.

Music`s not bad, but I`m a bluesman myself ;)

Its designed for users with a 1280x1024 res, I presume you're running on 1024x768 if you're getting scrollbars and stuff?

Thanks for the music comment although I'm no in the band anymore lol :)

Try and reduce the size a bit, I am getting a black margin on the lhs and a scroll bar to center the page, also one on the height.

Its designed for users with a 1280x1024 res,[/size] I presume you're running on 1024x768 if you're getting scrollbars and stuff?

It's fine in that resolution.

Its designed for users with a 1280x1024 res,[/size] I presume you're running on 1024x768 if you're getting scrollbars and stuff?

It's fine in that resolution.

How come an old f¿rt like you uses that resolution ?

And how many others use it ?

Its designed for users with a 1280x1024 res, I presume you're running on 1024x768 if you're getting scrollbars and stuff?

Think about all resolution users, not everyone uses 1280x1024 ;)

I find a 17 inch Flat screen LCD is fine at the resolution mentioned. It's the same with everything, it's called progress. TV pictures are no longer broadcast to suit 9 inch round cornered black and white screens, or 405 line line receivers. Analogue radio has almost disappeared etc etc.

I find a 17 inch Flat screen LCD is fine at the resolution mentioned. It's the same with everything, it's called progress. TV pictures are no longer broadcast to suit 9 inch round cornered black and white screens, or 405 line line receivers. Analogue radio has almost disappeared etc etc.

Yeah but..... I have a 42 inch plasma with about ten different screen sizes and styles and on some of the films I still get a border top and bottom, my murphy round cornered screen shows them a treat ;)

Yeah but..... I have a 42 inch plasma with about ten different screen sizes and styles and on some of the films I still get a border top and bottom, my murphy round cornered screen shows them a treat ;)

Rubbish Spanish broadcasters?? :D

The reason for the border is that the film may have been made in full cinemascope. There is the choice to view it with the borders that you describe, or to view it without borders, but with the sides chopped off.