DSXP Version 6

playaj20008

Hi,

I just got an ibm laptop from work, and I am unable to get around the security my company setup. I have full admin rights, but I am still unable to change the appearane settings. I can change the wallpaper and the theme settings including visual effects, and it works when I do it. But as soon as I restart the pc all settings go back to basic graphicless windows xp. I have checked to see that there are no startup scripts runnig, and no unecessary programs in msconfig. I have checked every relevant registry key and changing them does nothing. I like to consider myself an experienced xp user. The only difference I can find between this xp and any usual xp is that at the logon screen, instead of just saying windows xp, it says DSXP release 6. Any ideas?

Take care Googling for this.

A link I clicked on to find out more about it resulted in my computer freezing. Nothing would function at all and I had to reboot via the power switch. This was despite the site having a green approval from SiteAdvisor.

I fully admit to not knowing anything about this topic - that is why I was searching Google for more information and that was when most likely link caused a total freeze up of my machine. Because of this, I decided that I wouldn't devote any more of my time to it.

Have you thought of asking your company about it? After all, it is they who should have the information.

• 10 months later...
I fully admit to not knowing anything about this topic - that is why I was searching Google for more information and that was when most likely link caused a total freeze up of my machine. Because of this, I decided that I wouldn't devote any more of my time to it.

Have you thought of asking your company about it? After all, it is they who should have the information.

The IT guys at work are as clueless about this as I am. I am pretty sure this is something requested at a very high level of the company and configured this way from IBM. Possibly as far up as having mocrosoft program this into their version of XP. But there must be some way to get around it, Maybe a script to set the settings how I like them every time the computer boots?