Protect Your Pc

Guest Nellie2

Guest Nellie2

With all this lovely weather we have been having lately you can almost guarantee that we are in for some pretty interesting thunderstorms.

With that in mind I thought it may be a good idea to remind everyone of the precautions to take.

1. Invest in a surge protector plug. They are about £15 to £20 and a lot cheaper than a new mainboard if the one you have now happens to get fried!!

2. Some surge protector plugs also have a socket for your modem line. Do not rely on this to protect you from a lightening strike coming down the line. The best thing to do is to unplug your phone line from your PC during a thunder storm.

3. A cable modem is also vunerable.......... so unplug that too.

4. Make sure the plug is out of the power socket before you go to bed.

Those are the main points........if anyone wants to add anything then feel free. :)

Guest Nellie2

Silly me.......... I forgot the most important thing of all............. regular back ups that are stored away from your PC!!

On a removable drive or CD or what ever. Believe me, until you have lost it you don't realise how important all that data is!!!