Need help with simulating in excel!

Panarchy

Can someone please help? I need to simulate different things in Excel.

I want the formulas for simulating a dice roll.

Please help.

I want it over like 50 cells in the one column to randomly work it out.

I believe the formula is something like: =1+INT(6*RAND())

But I need some help,

Panarchy

Try this

=1+INT(6*RAND()) worked for me when I tried.

Suggestion try building the formula in successive vertical cells. I.e. in your first cell type the rand function to check if it works. then copy and paste that into the cell below and add the 6* function. then copy that into the cell below and add the INT function. copy that into the cell below and add the 1+ function. This way you can check the "correctness" of your function at each stage. When I'm stuck this is my procedure. Good luck.

Thanks. I am a noob at excel, how do I make that formula for, lets say 10 more columns without copy+ paste?

I think you should be able to highlight the cells in column you have. Place your curser over the bottom right-hand corner where you see + under your curser. Right click and hold, then drag to the right. :flowers:

No probs. You should have a dig into the Excel help function, it's very extensive. Type your question into the query cell and hit return. It will come back with all the answers you might need. Like Google really.