Microphone Input doesn't work

doug

Mind it may never have worked! My mobo is an Elite K7S5A. If I feed an input from my separate CD player into either the Mic or line input sockets then I can record the sounds. If I try using a microphone the I don't get anything. I originally tried using a combined Headphone and speaker set without success. As I now want to do some voice overs onto an SVCD I went out and bought a new microphone but I don't get any sound input. Any suggestions. I have have checked the volume control panel and the mic is def finitely enabled but when I clicked on the Mic advanced button the next panel showed the bass and treble sliders greyed out. Any help welcomed.

Even though the mic new, could it perhaps be faulty?

I agree. If you can get non-mike inputs to work in the socket (and they still work) then a faulty mike looks a possibility.

I was going to suggest that you may have overloaded the input - which still may be so. Check that you can still get an output from your other sources.