Anyone on TalkTalk who can answer this

doug

I'm on TalkTalk and can't ring out on my land line - either get silence on a recorded message that the number I dialed cannot be recognised. However, I can receive calls and also as you can see my BB is working! Rang TT from a neighbours phone, who's also with TT for phone only, and eventually was asked to carryout a couple of test calls prefixing the number with, 1280 and the 1840. In both cases I get the same recorded message. Couldn't ring back because of getting G'son bath'd and bedded and now they close at 8 pm. Any ideas anyone - except the obvious to change provider of course?

I have of course tried a couple of other tests which was to disconnect the BB connections and then repeated everything using a BOG standard phone instead of out radio phones - same result!

My only experience with them has been trying to get my friends BB to work. After many weeks, new drivers and a new modem, it is working after a fashion. Very slow, about three time faster than dial up. Occasionally the connection drop when she is downloading e mails, when she reconnects, they start from the beginning again, and she gets some twice. She also gets periodic crackling noises on the phone line. Non of this helps, but goes to show that you are not alone. Another friend, still on dial up, gets periods of inactivity on his phone line too. I guess it's decision time on your suggestion of kicking their service into touch.