Who speaks with forked tongue?

catgate

It would have been more appropriate, and done more good, if Terrible Tessa had substituted "politicians" for "broadcasters" in her speech on greed.

"My message to the broadcasters is that they must not forget the level of trust that people hold in public service broadcasters and you lose that trust and confidence at your peril. Any activity that exploits people – which extracts from them more money than they intend to spend – I think has got to be clamped down on very hard," she said.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a...more-power.html

• 2 weeks later...
Andsome you could say the same about gambling of any sort, the average punter, (unless he has a massive win and stops), never wins.

I agree with you there. The problem with gambling is that some people don't know when to stop. I make a point of spending £1 only per week on the national lottery, but know someone who spends £25 per week, and on the odd occasion that he has won a small sum, he has put the whole of his winnings on the week after in order to try to win more. I have witnessed the same person feeding a gaming machine at the indoor bowls club. He stands there, win or loose until all his change has been gobbled up. He never walks away if he has a win, just feeds it all back.

Back to the original thread, no one stands to win at all with these phone ins, except of course the broadcaster.

I also agree with Catgates point about politicians.