Outlook 2007 - Contacts name display problems

I have just upgraded to Office/Outlook 2007 and have imported my previous .pst file to import all Emails, contacts etc - which is fine. (I now know that I should have opened the .pst file - and not imported it, courtesy of Pat Willener).

I notice that in Outlook 2007, the Business card layout shows the imported contact names as "first name last name" (ie: Fred Jones) with the listing in

last name alphabetical order - which is great.

The Address card layout shows the name as "Last name, first name" (ie: Jones, Fred) and lists them in last name alphabetical order.

However, new contacts created in Outlook 2007 are displayed differently in Business card layout. The name is shown as "Last name first name" (Jones

Fred) - with no comma. This is irrespective whether I select first name last name or last name first name order when inputting the contact names in the

full name drop down screen.

If I edit any of my old contacts - when they are saved, the Business card display changes to "last name first name".

I thus have a Business card listing with a mixture of the way names are displayed

Blair Tony

Gordon Brown

James Darwin

Foggerty William

Hughes David

Fred Mildew

etc

How do I get the names to consistently display in Business card layout as first name last name - but be listed in last name alphabetical order ?

Tony Blair

Gordon Brown

James Darwin

William Foggerty

David Hughes

Fred Mildew

etc

Chris

I have already had a play with this feature - but all it does is alter the order in which the business cards are displayed and not the way the names are formatted.

I don't understand why contacts imported from my old set-up are displayed differently from new contacts created on Office 2007. Especially because if I open an old contact to edit it - even when it is nothing to do with names - changes to last name first name format upon being saved.

• 6 months later...

I also had some problem with office 2007 as well, its a bit different than office 2003 especially the outlook and the access. But in the end all the regular functions and options are there, you only have to look for them and learn how to use and configure them. If you have major problems I recommend using this tech support site I know.

Here is the page for Office 2007 Support

Good luck

Cob

• 2 years later...

I also had some problem with office 2007 as well, its a bit different than office 2003 especially the outlook and the access. But in the end all the regular functions and options are there, you only have to look for them and learn how to use and configure them. If you have major problems I recommend using this tech support site I know.

Here is the page for Office 2007 Support

Good luck

Cob

I visit the Inet every day at least 2-3 times. One unhappy day I caught up there a virus which damaged my MS Outlook data. One of the most important info on my computer. I searched for the solution some days and was unlucky. Only today I stumbled on an utility on one soft blog. It surprised me solved out my issues within the scope of moment. Probably it will be helpful in other situations - damaged pst files.