Windows XP Bootscreen resolution?

WinHelpPlz3

This is not a problem. I didn't post it in the lounge because this is computer-related.

I like my windows to look crisp..but the Windows XP Bootscreen looks terrible.

I know that you cannot make the bootscreen a better resolution but here is an idea.

Would it be possible to:

-Create Bootscreen that is just black and looks like the computer is still starting up

-Create a Hi-Res gif image that will pop up BEFORE the login screen--after the video drivers are loaded.

-Or have a program to insert your own gifs.

IS THAT A GREAT PLAN OR WHAT!! lol

Well thanks for any ideas or comments about it!

It's rare that I see the boot screen on my machines.

I normally switch on and then go and make a cup of tea. By the time I get back, Windows is loaded and ready for me to tell it what to do next.

It's extremely rare for me to reboot mid-session and when I do, I normally something else to do as well so, again, I don't see the boot screen.

I would be very cautious about doing anything remotely like you suggest as I've seen too many machines disabled or even completely wrecked by unnecessary "adjustments".

Personally I don't see the point, and as pops says, you could foul everything up. My computer takes about 1.5 minutes to fully boot, if it bothered me that much I could turn my back on it or close my eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol: