Mouse Not Working

Hello madboy,

a couple of things, first if you really have to, youcould plug in an old mouse. Second, most of the functions of the mouse can be duplicated with the keyboard, using the tab, enter, shift and alt keys. To get into device manager press the windows key and the break (pause) key together. Then use the arrow keys to move the highlighted tab to hardware, then the tab key to highlight device manager, then hit the enter key to open it. Same procedure in device manager (alt+enter=properties) to get to where you need to get to.

I would think that if your cordless keyboard is working, then the mouse has probably developed a fault. Do the logitech devices have a "reset" button? Otherwise I would try changing the batteries just to be on the safe side. I know you will hate me for suggesting this, but I once knew someone who gave away a keyboard and mouse because it was'nt working, and all it turned out to be was the batteries had been inserted the wrong way round. :lol:

Mr. M.

I'll bet Shirl thought he had a customer ? :rolleyes:

"I have a Packard Bell CO-5P optical, cordless mouse for sale.

I'll sell it with brand new rechargeable batteries, post included, for £15."

I see that Nellie has posted some links to sites with keyboard shortcuts for different browsers (in another thread), a lot of these will work in other applications as well. I have also found this site which has a comprehensive list of keystrokes, for all applications.

It is often a good idea to practise without a mouse, just so that you get used to them. Not only do you then not need to panic when you put your batteries in the wrong way round, but often you will find that keystrokes are considerably faster to navigate round applications, especially if you use them regularly.

Mr. M.