New computer help

pudgie

I am thinking about buying a new computer (desktop) and was wondering what version of vista to go with, i am also wondering about the graphics card. What size should i get 256Mb or 512Mb. I onlu usually run MSN, Opera, Football/Soccer Manager and maybe iTunes.

Murray

I am thinking about buying a new computer (desktop) and was wondering what version of vista to go with

Personally I would go for the Home Premium version if you enjoy playing games as it includes the Aero graphics where as the Home Basic version doesn't http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...ons/choose.mspx

i am also wondering about the graphics card. What size should i get 256Mb or 512Mb.

It all depends how much you are into games.

The 512MB card will enable higher resolutions to be viewed when playing 3D games and will probably have faster video memory and GPU speeds.

If your not much of a gamer then you may as well go for the 256MB version.

i would also choose the Windows Vista Premium

but when you choose a graphics card, i recommend you look at the type of card

because a fast card with 256 MB is better than a slow 512 MB card

i recommend a nVidia 8400M or 8600M

if you choose 256 or 512 MB depends on the amount of money you still have to spend..., but if you only use MSN, Word and other apps like that, you might as well take 256MB

The 64 bit version should run faster but there may be issues with lack of Vista drivers for it

And a chronic lack of 64 bit software that is compatible.

I am happy with 32 bit Vista - it is plenty fast enough for me and handles most software.