Do you Dual boot Xp Pro and Vista?

D4\/!d

I decided long ago that it wasn't worth the trouble of dual booting.

What I found with my dual boot (W3.1 and W95 - yes, that long ago) was that you favour one O/S and never look at the other so the secondary one just sits there taking up space (and in those days, space was very precious). I had dual boot W95 and W98 - 98 won.

I then was lucky enough to get a second machine (very expensive then). I had 98 on one and ME on the other. W98 won then so I sold the ME (no transfer restrictions in those days) and bought 98SE.

I have to agree with pops here

Whenever I dualbooted , I ended up running one OS and the other just took space.

If you have plenty of RAM , I would suggest running VMware or a similar virtual server - this way you can try as many OS as your disc space would allow you ,without needing to reboot the computer.

I run winXP in a VMserver (in Debian Linux) and it is very handy whenever I need to access IE only sites or certain macros in MS Office.

• 1 month later...

Im beginning to think that Dual booting is a thing of the past. Especially if its Microsoft and Microsoft OS's on the same PC/Harddrive.

In response to your thread, its not worth while, and it can be troublesome on the Hardware side of things rather than software related issues. If you do proceed with this, post results please.