Spywareguard

mark2

trouble is what with a/v ,firewall,trojan scanner all running and then that, where not going to be able to run our computers soon,anyway keep us informed mark2.

any icon/shortcut on your desktop or in systray uses resources, when the systray icon not in use this doesn't show up in taskmanager/ processes, I'm not going to deliberately download any spyware tho as a test but if a new program shows spyware it will be off!!

with everything I need up n running on my system, Im currently using 116mb of 512, TDS, Internet explorer x 2, F/wall, A/v etc all running with unneeded services shut down. figures taken from taskmanager

thats ok but I got a computer to run media players etc not 20 different spyware filters ,115mb bloody hell a few years ago that was a massive amount,the spyware probaley uses less than that anyway :lol:

My 1st comp only had 811mb on the hd with 32mb ram & 98se, we couldn't even load a minimum XP on that now, I can still do all I want on this even with the security stuff running in the background. :P

Not sure of the figures for spyware usage but I do remember when I had ICQ, a program that started with a total used space on the hd of 11mb grew to 70mb rapidly, and used probably 5/6mb ram, just signed in to messenger now using up another 7mb ram :(

Would be nice not to have to take these precautions tho :P