Audio Issues with XP

Malkav

Hi everybody :)

I am having Issues with my audio in XP. To put it simply its choppy, really choppy and its choppy even though its on a fresh install of XP and theres no program running with it. Now I am sure that its not a hardware related issue because I run Linux on the same computer(Dual-Boot) and it lets me play audio+play Doom3 at the same time without any issues. Its probably not the players fault aswell since I've attempted two, Winamp and Windows Media Player.So it seems to come down to the OS or driver's fault, I've already tried updating the driver and it didnt changed a thing. I dont believe its a Virus or spyware since I am running daily checks against them and I always come out clean. And thats the part I am stuck at. I have zero idea on what to do now. I am running a Realtek HD, and I am running a fully updated version of XP SP2.

err sorry to say but first of all the test you gave me applies only to:

• Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition

• Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

or so its written.

Second, I already said:

I've already tried updating the driver and it didnt changed a thing.

About the Codecs I have XP Codec Pack instead of K-Lite... it should do the trick since I've used it in the past, but not on this computer directly.

but what does "Ancora Imparo" means?

http://www.ancoraimparo.net/index.php?opti...2&Itemid=51

So, you have come in search of the answer to the question, "What is Ancora Imparo"? Well, this is where you will find your answer. What does it mean? The motto Ancora Imparo is attributed to Michelangelo and means 'I am still learning'. or "Still, I am learning".

its the onboard card that came with my MB: GA-945GZM-S2

so from what I understood I got a Realtek audio (Realtek ALC888 audio codec chipset. and a Realtek HD Driver) however I could be wrong about it since My computer also has an Intel 945GZ Chipset, which my also include audio.

Furthermore this is official a 6.1 audio device, however I got a stereo connected to it and from what I understood by the book the jumpers on the MB define if its stereo or 6.1. and the place where I bought the audio said that they configured the audio for stereo.

CPU wise its jumping from 1% to 9% (but its most of the time staying around 4%) now from what I've seen in the two graphs I see that the first one about twice as big as the second one... but they're both fairly low.

and memory wise. everything is normal. no one of the apps is taking too much memory, except Firefox which takes ~83,500 but I believe its normal due all of my addons.

And eitherway the choppy audio happens even without FF running. From what I've noticed the audio is equally choppy even with Firefox working, hell even with a game running its still equally choppy... nothing I do even remotlely effects the choppy audio. (from the few I tested atleast)

• 2 weeks later...