Is there any other Windows like operating system?

General Rule

I really admire Windows because it is the one operating system with which one can do everything. It is a myth that Windows is not stable or secure or any operating system based on Dos/NT is inherently unstable and insecure. Indeed it is very stable and secure and is becoming more stable and secure as time passes. I have checked several Linux OSes and even Mac but not a single one could match Windows. Anything you have to do, you can do more effeciently. Anyway out of curosity I wish to know if there is any other operating system based on whatever Windows is based on like the many versions of Linux based on Unix? Is there any other operating system based on Dos/NT as I think Windows is based on that? Please inform. :rolleyes:

you cannot base anything on microsofts software as most of it is patented, recently a lot of linux programs have been hit with big royalty fees from microsoft.

the windows systems are very buggy, their is so many issues which mane them unsecure.

It always depends on what you want to run for example if you want graphics go for the more secure apple mac's.

linux is mostly based on office work, you will notice a lot of government agency's have actually switched to linux environments.

you will soon have more games on linux as well if you have heard steam is actually building their games for linux, and everyone will follow after that.

it really isn't a myth that windows is not stable it is true if you look at servers around the world they run unix/linux due to the fact its built better, i believe even kevin mitnick even stated that in one of his interviews when promoting his books.

The best distro out their i would say is kubuntu, due to its KDE desktop environment :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I tried many forms of Linux:

Kubuntu

Ubuntu

Linux Mint

Fedora

Suse

PCLinuxOS

And yeah not one of them could utilize my ATI card to full potential....I am a gamer so yeah sad. None of my wife's activeX controlled games worked, once I got a hacked version of IE called IE4Linux then it did but in a very terrible working version of IE. Most windows programs do not work via Wine contrary to what they say. Also I had to reinstall Linux about 50 times because of a lot of stability problems, freezes etc.. And the thing that was the last draw you ask? Get this, I couldn't log off in linux, or standby, or hibernate only shut down.

I did like and still like some features of linux but when it comes down to it, at least from my experiences, WinXP is a lot more stable and use friendly and can fully utilize my hardware as well as let me play any game I darn well please. so therefore I am 100% back with Windows, the working OS.