Clipboard (book) Viewer in XP

A book on XP Home I got for Christmas says the old Windows clipboard viewer is no longer available in Windows XP. However, it is although it's hidden and cannot be accessed through accessories. It's now called Clipbook viewer, although if you want to launch it from the Run, you still have to type clipbrd viewer.

Anyway, to create a shortcut on the desktop...

As usual, right-click your desktop, New - Shortcut.

In the location field, type C:\windows\system32\clipbrd.exe.

Click Next to give it a name, then click Finish.

Now I suppose all you old hands know all about this - but let me have my moment of glory impressing those who are unaware of its existence - oh, all right then. :angry:

Hi ellas

That's what I thought - why put it in XP and then hide it. Makes me wonder what else is hidden away in there. Do you know of anything else? I had hoped the old "undelete file" utility (or similar) that was in Win 3.1 would be there but no such luck. At work we have an old computer running 3.1 which is just used for undeleting files from floppies when the need arises. It was a super utility - why didn't they keep it in the later versions? I have every respect for the people who design the software but they make you wonder sometimes.

The other day I spent half-an-hour trying to get the average function to work in an Access report. Couldn't understand it until I tried =avg instead of =average. And yet in excel it's =average. Where's the sense in having the same functions in the same office suite which are slightly different in format?

Oh, well. :unsure:

Well I, for one didn't know. So thanks for that. Haven't had XP for long so am finding odd bits all the time. Like: why can't I get rid of one set of the same documents which are in My computer and My documents and PSP.I haven't really sorted out quite what I'm doing yet.